Sunday, October 1, 2006

Come on In.....

This might be one of my favorite shots that I snapped tonight....the entrance to our home on Halloween night. I think the entrance to a home is so important, as it is where a person either feels welcomed and embraced or where they feel alienated and sterile. I know that this will become a scrapbook page.....I will journal about what this entrance says about our home...the holiday wreath on the door, the photo of the kids at center stage when you first walk in......the welcome sign that has hung in every one of our houses....the rich red color.....the sign that reads "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.".......a few stray toy cars and dolls and animals scattered about......the piles of shoes meaning that everyone is home and cozy and together. Here's a challenge for all you scrappers out there.....take a few photos of your front door and journal about what this reflects about your home and family. Snap from different angles and you may just hit upon a shot that triggers so many deep reflections. Think about what the entrance to your home communicates to those who enter. I will try to post my finished page (when I get a few scrap-moments to finish it!) and would love to see any other pages completed as a result of this challenge. Until then.....may the entrance to our homes always reflect the entrance to our hearts.